4.2 inch Raw e-Paper e-Ink Display Panel - Black and White
Click Here to download the complete user guide to working with Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, Arduino, Sunrise X3 Pi, and STM32 as well as resources and FAQs.
This is a 4.2-inch E-Ink Raw Display Panel compatible with the SPI communication interface. The screen resolution is 400 x 300 pixels. It is an ultra-low-power consumption display panel with partial refresh support. Since it does not require a constant electricity supply, it is an ideal cost-effective and energy-efficient solution for various applications.
- No backlight: Displays the last content for a long time even when powered down
- Ultra-low power consumption: Power is only required for refreshing
- Comes with development resources and manual: Includes driver board schematic and examples for Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, Sunrise X3 Pi, Arduino, and STM32
- Shelf label: Suitable for displaying product information, pricing, and promotions
- Industrial instrument: Ideal for displaying measurements and data in a wide range of industrial applications
- E-reader: Perfect for reading e-books and other digital content with a paper-like effect
- Smartwatch: Can be used to display notifications, time, and other relevant information on a smartwatch screen
Advantages of E-Paper (E-Ink) Display Technology
The E-Paper Display uses microcapsule electrophoretic technology to display content. This technology works by applying an electric field to charged particles suspended in clear fluid, causing the microcapsule to become visible by reflecting ambient light, just like traditional printed paper.
Some of the benefits of this technology are:
- Clear display without electricity: Display content is clearly visible under lamplight or natural light without a backlight
- Wide viewing angle: Offers nearly up to 180° viewing angle
- Paper-like effect: Often used as an e-reader due to its resemblance to traditional printed paper
- Display Size (Diagonal): 4.2-inch
- Display Colours: Black & White
- Control Interface: SPI 4-Wire and SPI 3-Wire
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Resolution: 400 x 300 pixels
- Dot Pitch: 0.212mm x 0.212mm
- Grey Scale: 4
- Field of View: >170°
- Full Refresh Time: 4 Seconds
- Standby Power: < 0.017mW
- Refresh Power (Typical): 26.4mW
- Weight: 17 Grams
- Display Dimensions (Screen Area): 84.8mm x 63.6mm
- Outline Dimensions: 90.1mm x 77.0mm x 1.18mm
- e-Paper Raw Display Panel 4.2-inch
Driver Module is NOT included.