ASUS Tinker Board 2
Download Tinker Board 2 Quick Start Guide
Download Tinker Board 2 User Manual
The ASUS Tinker Board 2 features a 6-Core ARM System on Chip (SoC). Based on the ARMv8 64-bit architecture, its Rockchip RK3399 has enhanced the performance of this board. The Tinker Board 2 features the heterogeneous processing architecture (ARM big.LITTLE technology).
This technology integrates two different processors in one System on Chip. This technology automatically allocates the right CPU cores to each task. The performance of the Tinker Board 2 is almost twice as good as its predecessor, Tinker Board.
Video Presentation of the Product
Specifications of ASUS Tinker Board 2
- System on Chip (SoC): Rockchip RK3399
- CPU: 1.5 GHz ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core and 2.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A72 Dual Core
- GPU: 800 MHz ARM Mali-T860
- RAM: 2GB Dual-Channel LPDDR4
- Storage Slot: Micro SD / TF Card Slot (Push & Pull)
- Ethernet: GbE LAN RTL8211F-CG
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: M.2 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac | BT 5.0 (2T2R)
- Display: 1x Type-C USB (DP Alt Mode) | 1x HDMI (CEC Hardware Ready) | 1x 4-Lane MIPI DSI 22-Pin
- Audio: 1x HDMI Audio Out | 1x S/PDIF TX Pin (GPIO) | 1x PCM/I2S Pin (GPIO)
- USB: 1x USB 3.2 Type-C Gen1 OTG Port | 3x USB 3.2 Type-A Gen1 Ports
- Camera Interface: 1x MIPI CSI-2 2-Lane 15-Pin
- Internal Headers: 40-Pin Header
- Power Compatibility: 1x 5.5mm / 2.5mm Power Jack 12V ~ 19V Compatible (Up to 45W)
- OS Support: Supports Android 10 and Debian 9
- Operating Temperature: From 0℃ to 60℃
- Storage Temperature: From -40℃ to 85℃
- Storage Humidity: Up to 85% (Non-Condensing)
- Dimensions: 85mm x 56mm | 8.5cm x 5.6cm
Salient Features of ASUS Tinker Board 2
The Tinker Board 2 features the multi-core Mali-T860 Graphics Processing Unit. This GPU has been designed to smoothly run complex graphics with full OpenGL ES 3.0/3.1. OpenCL, and OpenVG1.1 support. It is suitable for legacy 2D/3D and next-generation applications. The graphics acceleration performance of Mali-T860 is 28% better than that of the original Tinker Board.
The ASUS Tinker Board 2 supports dual 4K UHD displays. This board comes with three display interfaces including DisplayPort over USB-C, DSI, and HDMI.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The Tinker Board 2 supports 2x2 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11ac WiFi. In addition, this board has built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with a greater range and faster speed. You can connect your Tinker Board 2 with many BT-compatible devices including gaming controllers, headsets, and speakers.
The Tinker Board 2 comes with the following protection features:
- Short-Circuit Prevention
The Polyswitch and power IC protect the board and the connected devices from short-circuit and overcurrent.
- Electrostatic Discharge Protection
ASUS has used its ESD Guards to protect the components of Tinker Board 2 from electrostatic discharge. This protection feature is sufficient for up to +/- 8kV of contact discharge and +/- 15kV of air discharge.
- Overvoltage Protection
The circuit design of the Tinker Board 2 features the voltage regulators (built-in). These regulators keep the board safe from high-level voltages or power fluctuations which can happen in the case of sub-standard power supplies.
Android 10 Compatible
The ASUS Tinker Board 2 is compatible with Android 10. It will excite you with many interesting features that are not available with most other SBCs, for example:
- Better 3D Computing
The load of the CPU is lower with Android 10 and it consumes less power during 3D computing. With Android 10, you can efficiently manage IoT devices with flexible APIs.
- Ready for AI
Version 1.2 of Android Neural Networks API (NNAPI) enables the Tinker Board 2 to perform better with extensive Machine Learning operations.
The Tinker Board 2 has Adiantum Encryption support that is 5 times more effective than AES encryption. The transmission is more secure with TSL 1.3. It also improves the performance of the connection.
Form Factor (mm.)
- 1x ASUS Tinker Board 2