DHT22 Digital Temp-Hum Sensor
The DHT22 Digital Temp-Humidity Sensor is low-cost hardware that uses the single-wire interface. The DHT22 is based on the capacitive humidity sensor and thermistor. The working process of the DHT22 is pretty simple. It requires no analog input pins because this sensor only sends the digital signal to the data-pin. The DHT22 Digital (temperature – humidity) sensor is calibrated so no additional components are required. It is an easy-to-use digital sensor but you need to take care of timing because this sensor needs up to a couple of seconds to refresh data.
Specs of DHT22 Digital (Temperature – Humidity) Sensor
- Brand: GW
- Sensor: DHT22 Temperature-Humidity Sensor
- Signal Type: Digital
- Model: AM2302
- Power Supply Compatibility: 3.3V~5V DC
- Output Signal: 1-Wire Bus Digital Output
- Sensing Element: Polymer Capacitor
- Operating Temperature: -40oC to 80oC
- Accuracy: (+/- 0.5%)
- RH Range: 0% ~ 100% RH Humidity (Max. +/- 5% RH)
- RH Sensitivity Resolution: 0.1oC / 1%
- RH Humidity Hysteresis: +/- 0.3%
- Repeatability: +/- 1% RH and +/- 0.2oC
- Long-Term Stability: +/- 0.5% RH/year
- Sensing period (Average): 2 seconds
- Interchangeability: Fully interchangeable
- 4x Pins
- Spacing (Pitch): 0.1-inch
- Install Style: Plug-in
- High Frequency / Low-Power
- PNP Structure
- Power Triode
- Material: Silicon
- PNP Structure
- Special Function 0 Common Point Contact Diode
- Schottky Diode Construction
- Dimensions: 59mm x 27mm x 13.5mm / 5.9cm x 2.7cm x 1.35cm
How does DHT22 Digital (Temperature – Humidity) Sensor Work?
Connect the outer-most pin of the left side to the power (3.3V~5V). Connect the second pin (from the left) to the data input pin). Connect the 3rd pin to GROUND.
The DHT22 Digital (Temperature - Humidity) Sensor DOES NOT work with the Dallas One Wire. It means that each sensor (if you are using multiple sensors) must be connected to separate data-pin.