CP2102 USB UART Board (USB Type A)
Download CP2102 USB UART (Type A) Resources
The CP2102 USB UART Board (Type A) is a highly functional accessory board that features the CP2102 USB to UART bridge onboard. This single-chip bridge provides easy and efficient data transfer between a computer and a UART interface-based system. It supports multiple operating systems, including Mac, Linux, Android, WinCE, and Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11.
Voltage Output Support
This board supports voltage output of either 5V or 3.3V, which is ideal for use with various electronic systems.
Integrated USB Protection Device
The board has an integrated USB protection device in the form of the SP0503, which provides additional safety and protection to your system.
The CP2102 USB UART Board has three LEDs that indicate the TXD, RXD, and POWER statuses. These indicators help you to monitor the board's performance and ensure that it is functioning as intended.
Pins Accessible on Pinheaders
The board features accessible pinheaders for TXD, RXD, RTS, and CTS pins. These pins are essential for connecting to external devices and systems.
Other Pins Accessible on Drilled Holes
In addition to the pins accessible on pinheaders, the board also has drilled holes that allow easy connection to user application systems. Separate pinheaders are provided for this purpose.
The CP2102 USB UART Board (Type A) can be used in a variety of electronic applications, including:
- Embedded Systems: The board can be used in embedded systems to enable communication between a computer and a microcontroller or other embedded ssystems
- Robotics: The board can be used in robotics applications to control and communicate with various sensors, motors, and other electronic components.
- Industrial Automation: The board can be used in industrial automation systems to enable communication between a computer and various electronic devices.
- IoT Devices: The board can be used in Internet of Things (IoT) devices to enable communication with a computer or other electronic systems.
- Electronic Prototyping: The board can be used in electronic prototyping to quickly and easily test and develop new electronic systems.
- Home Automation: The board can be used in home automation systems to enable communication between a computer or other electronic devices and various home automation components such as sensors, switches, and lights.
- Educational Applications: The board can be used in educational settings to teach students about UART communication and other aspects of electronics and programming.
Overall, the CP2102 USB UART Board (Type A) is a versatile and useful accessory board that can be used in a wide range of electronic applications.
Single-Chip USB to UART Data Transfer
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +85°C
- No external resistors required; no external crystal required
- On-chip power-on reset circuit and voltage regulator
- Integrated 1024-Byte EEPROM
USB Function Controller Specifications
- USB Specification 2.0 compliant; full-speed (12 Mbps)
- USB suspend states supported via SUSPEND pins
- All handshaking and modem interface signals
- Data bits supported: 5, 6, 7, and 8
- Stop bits: 1, 1.5, and 2
- Parity: odd, even, no parity
- Baud rates: 300 bps to 1 Mbits
- 576 Byte receive buffer; 640 byte transmit buffer
- Hardware or X-On/X-Off handshaking supported
- Event character support
Virtual COM Port Device Drivers
- Windows 8/7/Vista/Server 2003/XP/2000
- MAC OS-X/OS-9
- Linux 2.40 or higher
USBXpress Direct Driver Support
- Windows 7/Vista/Server 2003/XP/2000, Windows CE
Overall, the CP2102 USB UART Board (Type A) is an excellent accessory board that provides easy and efficient data transfer between a computer and a UART interface-based system. Its features make it ideal for use in a wide range of electronic applications.
Using with an MCU
- VCCIO – 3.3V / 5V Output (The module can receive power from USB – the onboard jumper should be shifted to 3.3V or 5V accordingly)
- GND – GND
- TXD – MCU.RX (Direction of Signal: MCU.RX << CP2102 << PC.TX)
- RXD – MCU.TX (Direction of Signal: MCU.TX >> CP2102 >> PC.RX)
- RTS – MCU.CTS (Direction of Signal: MCU.CTS << CP2102 << PC.RTS)
- CTS – MCU.RTS (Direction of Signal: MCU.RTS >> CP2102 >> PC.CTS)
- CP2102 USB UART Board (USB Type-A)
- Male Pinheader 4PIN and Female Pinheader 4Pin
- Jumper Wire Custom Connector 6PIN
Package Weight: 13 Grams