2.7inch E-Ink display HAT for Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano
Click Here to download the complete user guide to working with Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, Arduino, Sunrise X3 Pi, and STM32 as well as resources and FAQs.
Introducing the 2.7 inch E-Ink Display HAT for Raspberry Pi - a cutting-edge ultra-low power consumption display technology, wide viewing angle, and clear display without the need for electricity.
Designed with a 264x176 pixels resolution and an embedded controller, this E-Ink display HAT is the ideal choice for various applications such as shelf labelling and industrial instruments. With its features, it will definitely revolutionize the way you display content.
- Ultra-low power consumption: The display doesn't require a backlight, so it can keep displaying the last content for an extended period, even when power is down.
- High compatibility: Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards, Jetson Nano, and other controller boards like Raspberry, Arduino, and Nucleo, etc.
- Onboard keys: Equipped with 4 keys for easy navigation and control.
- SPI interface: A fast and reliable way to connect to other controller boards.
- Voltage translator: With an onboard voltage translator, this display is compatible with 3.3V/5V MCUs.
- Development resources: Comes with a manual and development resources, including examples for Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, Arduino, STM32.
- Shelf labelling: Use the E-Ink display HAT for Raspberry Pi to create shelf labels that can display prices, product information, and more.
- Industrial instruments: This display is ideal for industrial instruments that require a clear and easy-to-read display.
- Smart home devices: Use this display to create smart home devices that can display information, such as weather updates, news, and more.
- Electronic book reader: Create your own electronic book reader with this display and enjoy reading books without straining your eyes.
Get your hands on this E-Ink display HAT for Raspberry Pi now and discover the many possibilities it offers!
Advantages of E-Paper (E-Ink) Display Technology
The E-Paper Display uses microcapsule electrophoretic technology to display content. This technology works by applying an electric field to charged particles suspended in clear fluid, causing the microcapsule to become visible by reflecting ambient light, just like traditional printed paper. Some of the benefits of this technology are:
- Clear display without electricity: Display content is clearly visible under lamplight or natural light without a backlight
- Wide viewing angle: Offers nearly up to 180° viewing angle
- Paper-like effect: Often used as an e-reader due to its resemblance to traditional printed paper
- Display Size (Diagonal): 2.7 inch
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V ~ 5V
- Communication Interface: SPI 4-Wire and SPI 3-Wire
- Resolution: 264 × 176 Pixels
- Dot Pitch: 0.217mm × 0.217mm
- Field of View: >170°
- Display Colours: Black and White
- Grey Scale: 4
- Refresh Power (Typical): 24mW
- Standby Power: < 0.017mW
- Full Refresh Time: 6 Seconds
- Weight: 36 Grams
- VCC: 3.3V / 5V
- GND: Ground
- DIN: SPI MOSI Pin
- CLK: SPI SCK Pin
- CS: SPI Chip Selection (Low Active)
- DC: Data / Command Selection (Low for Command / High for Data)
- RST: External Reset (Low Active)
- BUSY: Busy Status Output (High Active)
- Display Dimensions: 57.288mm × 38.192mm
- Outline Dimensions: 85mm × 56mm
Connecting with Raspberry Pi and Other Boards
This e-Ink Display module can be connected to Raspberry Pi, Arduino, STM32, Jetson Nano, and Sunrise X3 Pi.
For Raspberry Pi, the module can be inserted into the 40PIN header or connected via an 8PIN cable. The SPI interface needs to be enabled and drivers' coverage needs to be closed. BCM2835 and WiringPi should be installed, and the demo code can be downloaded via GitHub.
For Arduino, an 8PIN cable should be used to connect to the module, and the corresponding pins should be used according to the table provided. The demo code can also be downloaded via GitHub.
Please refer to the User Guide provided at the top to see the detailed guidelines to connect the module with Jetson Nano, Sunrise X3 Pi, and STM32!
- E-Paper HAT 2.7 inch
- PH2.0 8Pin 20cm
- Pack of Screws