KKSB Odroid XU4 / XU4Q Machined Aluminium
The KKSB Odroid XU4/ XU4Q Machined Aluminium case is considered a premium option for Hardkernel's Odroid XU4 or XU4Q boards.
The CNC Machined aluminium 6061 chassis allows for highly effective passive cooling that can be targeted at the board’s hottest components, meaning that the board has potential to be operated in a fan-less configuration, for a quiet experience.
The case is respectfully finished in a resilient hard-anodized grey.
The design is based on style through simplicity but also includes good functionality through the push-button interface and pass-through of the indicator lights. The SD card port of the board is still directly accessible through the case.
4 rubber feet ensure the case will be stable and reliably sit on most surfaces, further there are wall-mounting holes featured on the base.
Ease of assembly is facilitated through simply applying the thermal pad to the Odroid and then directly mounting the board within the case, thereafter securely fastening with the screws provided.
Features of KKSB ODROID-XU4/XU4Q Machined Case
- Designed and manufactured by KKSB-Cases
- Made from high-grade 6061 aluminium
- The surface is CNC Milled
- Available in Grey colour (Hard-Anodized)
- The package includes thermal pad (2,5mm thick)
- Features 2x light pipes (LED indicators)
- Rubber feet at the bottom make the case more stable on different surfaces
- Features the push button
- There a couple of wall-mounting holes
- Compatible with ODROID-XU4 and ODROID-XU4Q
- The built-in heatsink means that you don’t need a cooling fan or taller heatsink
- Cutouts for PWR, USD, Ethernet, HDMI, and SD Card, etc.
- The package contains mounting screws x4
- Dimensions of the case are 90mm x 60mm x 30mm
How to Assemble KKSB ODROID-XU4/XU4Q Machined Case
- Take the PCB and place the thermal pad onto it
- Put the PCB inside the case
- Align LED indicating pipes and push button
- Use the screws to fix the assembly
KKSB ODROID-XU4/XU4Q Machined Case shows that KKSB-Cases is taking things to new heights. This innovative technology allows you to get rid of cooling fans and heatsinks. The design is compact and finishing is attractive. Overall, this is a highly recommended metal case for ODROID-XU4 and ODROID XU4Q.
Best case ever
This one is really well built. The heat dissipation is a bit of a problem. One can either lower the max frequencies of the CPU or mount an additional radiator with or without fan. Everything else is well designed and manufactured.
I'm in the USA so I bought mine from ameriDroid who I assume is an authorized distributor for the USA. There are not any other machined aluminum case options left for the XU4. Yes the case can get rather hot to the touch. That's just letting me know it's doing it's job of pulling the heat off the CPU. It does a very good job of keeping the CPU cool enough to avoid throttling under normal use. I'm quite happy with mine. It is both a very good heat sink and a beautiful case as well. It even has an opening to access the SD / eMMC switch. If you own an XU4 or plan on buying one get this case. The XU4 is still considered a high performance SBC in 2020. It deserves the very best case you can get. This is that case.
Very nice case, but it can get very hot to the point that you can’t handle the case.
BUT this was expected.