The Odroid-XU4 comes with an interesting and encouraging development of the idea of using two processors for the development boards. To keep things cool, it also carries a cooling fan which starts working as soon as the processing reaches to a certain level. The Odroid-XU4 carries 2.0GHz and 1.4GHz processors along the impressive Mali-T628 MP6 GPU and 2Gbyte PoP LPDDR3. This board is compatible with the latest Android versions in addition to Ubuntu and Linux operating systems. You can install the operating system by using an additional eMMC.
- Processors: Samsung Exynos5422 2.0GHz Cortex-A15 / 1.4GHz Cortex-A7
- Graphics Processing Unit: Mali-T628 MP6 (OpenCL 1.2 full profile and OpenES supportive)
- Memory: PoP 2Gbyte 750MHz/12GB/s LPDDR3 (2x32-Bit)
- Up to 128GB MicroSD card slot
- Up to 64GB eMMC 5.0 socket
- HDMI Output Digital Audio
- 1.4a HDMI Type-A Display Connector
- RJ-45 Auto-MDIX Supported 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
- 1T1R WLAN USB IEEE 802.11 ac/b/g/n
- 5V/4A Recommended Power Supply
- Dimensions = L (83mm) x W (58mm) x H (20mm)
- Weight (without fan) = 38g
Use an additional eMMC for operating system installation. It boots fast, launches applications fast, and doesn’t not keep you waiting for long. You can use the MicroSD for this purpose but it slows things down.