4-Digit 7-Segment SparkFun Serial Display with ATMega328
The SparkFun 7-Segment Serial Display is easily controllable because it doesn’t need complex configurations. This is a 4-Digit 7-Segment Serial Display. The smart features of the SparkFun Serial Display allow you to easily control the digits separately. It contains ATMega328 microcontroller which means that you need only a few serial lines to control the segments individually.
Features of SparkFun 7-Segment Serial Display
- Microcontroller: ATMega328
- 4-Digit Alpha-Numeric Red Display
- Compatible with TTL Serial, I2C, and SPI interfaces
- Displays numbers, letters, and some special characters
- You can control decimal points, apostrophe, and colon
- The baud rate is adjustable (non-volatile memory retains the settings)
- The brightness level is adjustable (non-volatile memory retains the settings)
- Contains an FTDI Header
- Separate control over each segment
- Dimensions: 41mmx 23mm / 4.1cm x 2.3cm / 1.6-inch x 0.9-inch
You can control the SparkFun 4-Digit 7-Segment Serial Display by using SPI, I2C, or the Serial TTL communication interface. The ATMega 328 microcontroller has pre-loaded Arduino bootloader so that you can easily program the 7-Segment Serial Display for stand-alone operations. The support of the Arduino IDE Profile means that you can easily program the display in less time. You can chain the Power pins and I2C to display long digit-strings. There are mounting holes that you can use with the standoffs so there is no need to use adhesive or glue to fix this Serial Display.