SIM808 Module GSM GPRS GPS Development Board
Are you looking to help yourself integrate GSM/GPRS) cellular module into a new design as per your likings? The SIM808 Module GSM GPRS GPS Development Board is at your service at a highly reasonable price.
- The power input interface helps the connectivity of:
- Lithium Battery
- On/Off power switch
- SMA Antenna Interface includes:
- Onboard GPS Antenna
- GSM antenna
- BT Antenna
- Power Indication LEDs
- Interface for TTL (Serial and Level)
- VMCU pin-control for TTL UART. This feature enables the system to match the desired voltage
Unboxing SIM808 Module GSM GPRS GPS Development Board
The kit includes the following components:
- SIM808 Module
- GPS Antenna
- GSM Antenna
Apparently, the setup process may appear somewhat complex but practically it is a simple, quick and easy task to set the whole thing up and make it ready to work. You’ll require to put together the module shield, USB-TTL and DC Adapter (9V). You’ll also need to initiate the installation process via compatible software.
- After configuring the hardware, take a valid SIM and insert it to the SIM Card Holder.
- Connect the antennas, GPS and GSM to the respective interfaces.
- The power adapter will connect to the DC044 interface.
- When everything is properly set, the system is ready to go.
- Turn ON the power switch. There is a POWKEY button which you need to press for a couple of seconds.
- Three LEDs will light-up indicating that the module is preparing and checking for the connections.
The voltage range for DC044 and V_IN is from 5V to 26V. You need to make sure that 5V is selected, then the responding current should be 2A.
In the case of Lithium Battery, the voltage ranges from 3.5V to 4.2V.