ROCK 5B 16GB
ROCK 5B is a next-generation SBC featuring powerful RK3588 high-performance Rockchip SoC, contemporary interfaces and expansion capabilities.
ROCK 5B Features at a Glance
- Next-Gen SBC based on the Rockchip RK3588 System on Chip (SoC)
- DynamIQ ARM Quad-Core Cortex-A76 and Quad-Core Cortex-A55
- LPDDR4 16GB RAM
- ARM Mali G610MC4 GPU
- Supports up to 8Kp60 Resolution – Ideal for advanced multimedia applications
- Micro-HDMI video input port supports up to 4Kp60 resolution
- Real-Time-Clock Built-In
- USB-C Port and Dual HDMI Port
Video Presentation of ROCK 5B
Reliable System on Chip (SoC)
ROCK 5B features the Rockchip RK3588 System on Chip (SoC). The processing unit comprises of Quad-Core ARM DynamIQ Cortex-A76 (2.2GHz / 2.4GHz) and Quad-Core Cortex-A55 (1.8GHz). The board also has the powerful Graphics Processing Unit ARM Mali G610MC4. 16GB LPDDR4 64-bit RAM puts ROCK 5B well ahead of its generation.
Safe Shutdown with ON/OFF Power Button
There is no need to type safety codes and command lines to shut down your SBC without any risk. The ROCK 5B comes with the built-in Power Button you can use without worrying about storage corruption or data loss.
Supports Multiple Operating Systems
ROCK 5 Model B is compatible with multiple Operating Systems including Ubuntu / Debian Linux and Android 12, and ARM architecture v8 full-implementation instructions set.
Extensive Memory and Storage Support
ROCK 5B not only has 16GB RAM but also features a high-speed eMMC socket you can use for data storage and Operating System upgrades.
Supports a Range of Accessories
ROCK 5B has a 40-Pin GPIO Expansion Header that offers endless connectivity support making the board capable of supporting an extensive range of SBC accessories.
8K Display Support
Most SBCs support up to 4K resolution but ROCK 5B supports up to 8K display resolution thanks to its Mali G610MC4 high-performance GPU and tailored design for multimedia applications. These features make ROCK 5B ideal for high-quality video processing, gaming, and signage.
ROCK 5B has two HDMI ports, camera and display interfaces, and a micro-HDMI input port. The board also has a 3.5mm audio jack for stereo audio output.
Efficient Thermal Management
ROCK 5B comes with the PWM fan connector (voltage TBC and power out). There are 2x mounting holes for the heatsink. The design of the board fully supports cooling accessories to keep ROCK 5B working at top speed.
ROCK 5 Model B Interfaces
Hardware Layout (Front)
Hardware Layout (Back)
ROCK 5B Specifications
- SoC: Rockchip RK3588
- Processor: ARM DynamIQ Corext-A76 Quad-Core 2.2GHz / 2.4GHz | Cortex-A55 Quad-Core 1.8GHz
- GPU: Arm Mali G610MC4 GPU, supporting OpenGL® ES1.1, ES2.0, and ES3.2, OpenCL® 1.1, 1.2 and 2.2, Vulkan® 1.1 and 1.2, and embedded high-performance 2D image acceleration module
- RAM: LPDDR4 16GB 64-bit RAM
- Power Compatibilities: USB Type-C PD Version 2.0 with 20V/2A, 15V/2A, 12V/2A, and 9V/2A
- Power Recommendations: 5V Power Input (GPIO Pin 2 & 4) | 24W without M.2 SSD or 36W with M.2 SSD is recommended
- HDMI: Dual HDMI ports | 8Kp60 and 4Kp60 support | Micro-HDMI input port with up to 4Kp60 support
- USB Interfaces: USB3.0 OTG / HOST Port (x1) | USB 3.0 HOST Port (x1) | USB 2.0 HOST Ports (x2)
- MIPI: 4-Lane DSI (x1) | 4-Lane CSI (x1)
- Storage: Socket for eMMC and MicroSD
- UART: 2x UARTs
- ON/OFF: Power Button
- Software Support: Ubuntu / Debian Linux Support | Android 12 Support | RKNPU2 NPU Software Stack | ARM Architecture v8 full-implementation instructions set | Hardware control / access library for Android and Linux
- Operating Temperature: 0℃ to 50℃
- Storage Temperature: -20℃ to 80℃
- ROCK 5B 16GB