Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is based on the custom-built RP3A0 System-in-Package (SiP). It features a 1GHz Broadcom BCM2710A1 ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit Quad-Core processor and a 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM. The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is five times faster as compared to its predecessor, Raspberry Pi Zero. The dimensions of the board are 65mm x 30mm, the same as the original Raspberry Pi Zero.
Faster Than Raspberry Pi Zero
The upgraded processor of the Zero 2 W results in five times more (multi-threaded) and 40% more single-threaded performance than that of the Single-Core Raspberry Pi Zero.
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W replaces the Package-on-Package (PoP) technology with the more efficient System-in-Package (SiM) technology.
The SDRAM sat right on top of the System on Chip (SoC) in the PoP technology. However, the new custom-built RP3A0 SiP technology combines the processor (BCM2837A1 die), RAM (LPDDR2 die), and the decoupling capacitors which results in a smooth voltage supply.
Gold Bond Wires
The chip on the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W reads RP3A0-AU. “Au” is the chemical symbol of gold and it is mentioned on the chip because it has over 800 gold bond wires inside the chip. These wires are known for their durability and performance.
Wireless in the Sealed Can
The built-in Wireless LAN of the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is enclosed inside the shielded can. This shielded enclosure follows RF compliance standards.
The metal shield can protect the wireless circuitry of the Zero 2 W while keeping it secure from external interference. Like Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 4B, the Zero 2 W also has the FCC modular certification.
The wireless features of the Zero 2 W include Bluetooth BT 4.2, 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN, and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support.
Video Presentation of the Product
Specifications of Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2710A1 | ARM Cortex-A53 1GHz Quad-Core 64-bit
- RAM: 512MB LPDDR2
- Wireless Communication: 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11 b / g / n Wireless LAN | Bluetooth BT 4.2 | BLE Support | Onboard Antenna
- USB Interface: 1x USB 2.0 with OTG
- Storage Support: Micro SD Card Slot (Micro SD Card is NOT included)
- Pin Header: 40-Pin I / O Expansion Header
- Display Interface: Mini HDMI Port
- Camera Connector: CSI-2 Interface
- Video Support: HDMI Interface | Composite Video Support
- Multimedia Support: H2.264 encode (1080p30) | MPEG-4, H.264 decode (1080p30) | OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 Graphics
- Power Input: Compatible with 5V / 2.5A DC power supply
- Power Supply Port: Micro USB interface
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +70°C
- Long Term Support: The production of Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W will continue until January 2028 at least
Back Pad Diagram
GPIO Pinout Definition
Small Yet Effective
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is ideal for a variety of IoT projects such as Bluetooth speakers and smart home applications such as security cameras.
Mini HDMI, micro USB power input port, a CSI-2 camera connector, and built-in WiFi & Bluetooth make the Zero 2 W a cost-effective solution for many small to medium size projects.
- Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W