Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR Night Vision Wide Angle Version - 12MP IMX708 120 Degree FOV
This is the Wide Angle NoIR Night Vision of the Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3. The module has been upgraded with the 12MP IMP708 Quad Bayer sensor. It features a wide view angle of 120o FOV.
The I2C control compatibility lets you easily use the auto-focus feature. The Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR Wide Angle is compatible with all Raspberry Pi series SBCs as well as Raspberry Pi Zero Microcontrollers including Raspberry Pi Zero 2W.
Night Vision Support
The noIR filter in this Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 Wide Angle Version is ideal for night-vision projects and you can use it with infrared lighting.
The infrared LED required for the night vision is NOT included.
- Backed by the Raspberry Pi Picamera2 Python library
- Full image processing support for the developers from libcamera - Raspberry Pi Open Source Camera System
- Night vision support
- 120o Wide View Angle (FOV)
- I2C compatible - convenient focus control with powered Auto-Focus
- Improved camera sensor with higher sensitivity – 12MP IMX708 comes in replacing the 8MP IMX219 used in the Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2
- Optimised photo quality with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support
Connection Examples with Raspberry Pi
The Yellow FPC Cable is not included. This cable is required to connect the camera with Raspberry Pi Zero microcontrollers.
12MP High-Resolution Camera
Camera Module 3 offers the capability to capture full HD video at a frame rate of 50fps, while lower resolutions allow for even higher frame rates.
Additionally, it includes an HDR mode and autofocus, enhancing its versatility for both photography and video recording, making it an excellent choice for various applications.
Support for Beginners
The most recent iteration of Raspberry Pi OS comes bundled with a beta release of Picamera2, a Python library developed by the Raspberry Pi in-house team. Suitable for both novice and experienced users, Picamera2 serves a wide range of purposes, spanning from home-based projects to applications in the field of machine learning.
Open Source Camera System Support
Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR has full support from the Raspberry Pi Open Source Camera System, which is driven by libcamera. This collection of libraries empowers developers with precise control over image processing and grants them enhanced access to the inner workings of Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR.
Auto Focus Feature
Free and flexible auto-focus via I2C control interface.
Some Examples of Possible Applications
- Night Vision Systems: The absence of an IR filter and compatibility with infrared lighting make it ideal for night-vision projects, such as home security systems, wildlife monitoring, or surveillance cameras in low-light conditions.
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision: With its high-resolution sensor and open-source support, the camera module is valuable for machine learning and computer vision projects. It can be used for object recognition, image classification, and other AI-related tasks.
- Home Automation and Monitoring: It can be employed in home automation systems, allowing users to remotely monitor their home, pets, or plants. Motion detection and image processing can trigger alerts or actions.
- Educational Projects: The Raspberry Pi Camera Module is widely used in educational settings to teach programming, image processing, and robotics. Students can use it to learn about computer vision and robotics applications.
- Scientific Research: Researchers can utilize this camera module for scientific experiments and data collection in fields such as biology, astronomy, and environmental science, where high-quality imaging is crucial.
- Remote Sensing and Surveillance: The camera can be used for surveillance in remote or outdoor locations, such as wildlife monitoring, environmental monitoring, or even monitoring of critical infrastructure.
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR): It can be integrated into AR and VR projects to capture real-world images and videos for immersive experiences and applications.
- Drone Applications: The small form factor of the Raspberry Pi Camera Module makes it suitable for use in drones and other remote-controlled vehicles for capturing aerial images and videos.
Remember that for night vision applications, you will need to add appropriate infrared lighting separately, as it is not included with the camera module.
- Model: Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR
- Version: Night Vision Wide Angle Version
- Sensor: IMX708 Quad Bayer
- Field of View (FOV): 120o
- Pixels: 4608 x 2592, 11.9MP
- Control Interface: I2C – Auto-Focus Support
- Aperture: F2.2
- Focal Length: 2.75mm
- CMOS Sensor Size: 7.4mm
- Compatible Devices: Raspberry Pi Series Boards and Raspberry Pi Zero Microcontrollers
- Weight: 13 Grams
- Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 (NoIR Wide Angle Version)
- FFC Cable 15-Pin (Opposite Sides Contact)
Raspberry Pi Board and Yellow FPC Cable are NOT included.