PIR - Pyroelektrisk infraröd rörelsessensor
Motion sensor no more remains an exclusive feature available to the researchers only. PIR motion detectors have made it possible for domestic users to benefit from this impressive technology. Pyroelectric Infrared PIR Motion Sensor is an incredible addition to the generation of IPR motion sensors.
- Available in Green and White colors
- Comparatively smaller size (3.2x2.4x1.8cm)
- Current drainage of <60uA
- DC Voltage ranges from 4.5V to 20V
- Control Circuit Board supported Infrared Sensor
- Feature adjustment settings for sensitivity
- Adjustable settings for holding time
- TTL Output 3.3V
- Capable of detecting motion from 3-meters to 7-meters
- <140-Degree view angle
- From 5-sec to 200-sec delay time (adjustable as per your requirement)
- 5-sec Blockade (default setting)
- Features trigger repetition
- Wide temperature range i.e. from -20°C to 80°C
How PIR Motion Sensor (Pyroelectric)
As the title suggests, a PIR sensor detects motion of a living thing. Conventionally, the technology had remained expensive and rarely available as a commercial product. Things have changed over the years and we now have much smaller, more effective and inexpensive PIR motion sensors. The best thing is that a PIR sensor works with low-power and keeps serving for years without showing any signs of wear and tear. Passive Infrared motions sensors contain pyroelectric sensors supported by electric circuits, capacitors, and resistors.
The basic mechanism is the same as of a heat sensor but the methodology is modern involving complex circuitry and computation. The device is capable of sensing heat emitted by the living things. You can use these devices for stealth camera (just like biologists do to track animal’s activities). It’s all fun and education and feels nice to add a magnificent feature to your system. Something you could show to your friends over and over again. If you haven’t tried it before, this is the time to purchase one!