Searching for a reliable power source for an Omega Module? The Power Dock for Omega is ready to serve with its compatibility with 3.7V LiPo batteries. Featuring the form factor similar to that of an Expansion Dock, this power source enables you free Micro USB port. It also makes it possible to materialize more space for other devices by breaking out GPIO pins on Omega. In other words, if you want to increase the functionality of an Omega module, use the Power Dock to facilitate additional expansions and external circuits.
Power Dock Specifications
- Contains a Reset Button to Reflash Omega module
- Features 30-Pin Expansion Header
- JST-PH connector for 3.7V LiPo Battery
- Contains a Power Switch
- Features a Micro USB Port for battery charging and power reception
- A USB-A Port for the connectivity of Omega with USB devices
Power Dock Features
- The first generation Power Dock comes with the following features:
- Exposes GPIO pins on Omega’s Expansion Header
- Direct and easy connectivity of USB devices with the module
- The Power Switch allows you to turn the module ON/OFF as per your requirements
- The Reset Button helps module Reflash. Pressing it for 10 seconds will restore the factory settings.
Power Dock Description
Power Dock comes with 4 LEDs (battery indicators) to reflect the level of charging. It is better to use less than 8” Micro USB cable to charge the battery (More than 8” cable is not recommended). I is convenient and fairly easy to use. The good news is that you can turn the Power Dock into an Expansion Dock by simply removing the battery. It is configured to feed Omega with a stable 3.3V supply.
The Power Dock doesn’t come with a battery. You’ll have to arrange for a 3.7V LiPo battery.