Pimoroni Audio Pack Add-on Board for Raspberry Pi Pico
Download Pico Audio Schematics
Getting Started with Pico Audio Pack
Download CircuitPython Tutorial
Pimoroni Pico Audio Pack is an audio add-on board compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico. It supports the I2S communication interface and produces high-quality stereo audio. The PCM5100A DAC chip on Pico Audio Pack supports up to 384KHz 32-Bit stereo audio output. You can directly connect powered speakers or an external AMP to a 3.5mm Line-Out connector.
Examples of Applications
- The 3.5mm Headphone Jack on the Pico Audio Pack supports amplified stereo audio.
- Program the sound output for Lo-Fi Synth using the connected Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Use Pico as a USB sound card by connecting it to another device.
- Play a variety of sound effects
- Play audio clips
Features of Pimoroni Pico Audio Pack
- Designed for Raspberry Pi Pico
- Stereo DAC PCM5100A (Download Datasheet)
- Stereo headphone AMP PAM8908JER (Download Datasheet)
- Stereo Headphone Jack 3.5mm connector
- Stereo Line Out Pack 3.5mm connector
- Headphone AMP gain adjustment (High / Low) Switch
- Female Header (pre-soldered) for Raspberry Pi Pico
- Does not require soldering (if header pins are attached to your Raspberry Pi Pico)
- Dimensions (including Audio Jacks and Headers): L X W x H – 5.3cm x 2.9cm x 1.1cm | 53mm x 29mm x 11mm
Things to Remember!
- The underside of the Pico Audio Pack has the USB Port label to show the right side to plug the board into your Raspberry Pi Pico. Use the USB Marking to match the side.
- If you are using Raspberry Pi Pico RP2040, the I2S audio on this version currently has no MicroPython support. However, you can still use CircuitPython for Raspberry Pi Pico RP2040.
- This Audio Pack add-on board has been designed to attach with the downwards pointing soldered male header on Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Pimoroni Audio Pack add-on board (x1)
Raspberry Pi Pico is NOT included.