Power Switch (ON/OFF) for Raspberry Pi
For efficient power management of your Raspberry Pi board, you need to use a reliable power switch. This ON/OFF Power Switch for Raspberry Pi features the ATX style switch. This switch is a better option as compared to the conventional power management switches. With this ON/OFF Power Switch for Raspberry Pi, you can get rid of the additional connections and cables. This product has a simple and effective composition. It is a basically a self0solder Kit. The input and output to the switch are facilitated via the standard USB connection. Once soldered, this switch works like a Plug & Play device that compatible with the wall-wart power supply.
Features of Power Switch (ON/OFF) for Raspberry Pi
- The package includes a flat USB noodle-cable
- For easy assembly, this product contains through-hole components
- To deal with the emergency situation, you can cut the supply using the Hard-Power-OFF button
- The package contains 2x stickers
- The basic soldering kit is there to assemble the easily Power Switch
How does the Power Switch (ON/OFF) for Raspberry Pi Work?
- Use the sudo halt command to shut down the PC
- This power switch will take around two minutes to cut the power
- Touch the ON button after two minutes and it will restore the power to the connected PCB
- If there an emergency, you can use the Hard-Power-OFF button to cut the power
We recommend you only use the Hard-Power-OFF button in case of a real emergency when you have no other option and it becomes necessary to cut the power immediately. The reason is that using the Hard-Power-OFF button may damage or corrupt the data stored on the SD Card.
The ON/OFF Power Switch for Raspberry Pi is a better option in comparison to the makeshift solutions. You can use the easy and simple sudo reboot command to restart the PC. This is a safe and convenient method to reboot the Raspberry Pi PC instead of immediately disconnecting the power source.