ODROID-GO Game Kit
Team Hardkernel celebrated its 10th birthday by releasing the ODROID-GO Game kit. This is a simple easy-to-assemble Kit that has been designed to let beginners learn and understand the basics of such hand-held gaming devices. Apart from the fun-factor, the ODROID-GO Game Kit teaches the purpose and function of different parts. The exterior (cover) of ODROID-GO is made of transparent material so that you can easily see different components that are inside the case. You can learn basic coding by installing Arduino on ODROID-GO. This Game Kit supports:
- Sega Master System
- Game Gear
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Game Boy
- Game Boy Color
Specs of ODROID-GO Game Kit
- 16 MB Flash memory | ESP32-WROVER
- PSRAM: 4MB
- Adjustable CPU: 80MHz – 240MHz
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n | 2.4GHz – 2.5GHz WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.2 (BR/EDR, BLE)
- Display Connector: SPI Interface
- 5 Watt speaker connector
- 7V battery connector
- MicroSD Card Slot / SPI Interface 20MHz
- MicroUSB Port supports battery charging (500mA)
- Data communication support via USB-UART
- 10-Pin Expansion Header (I2C, GPIO, IRQ @ 3.3V)
- Direction Pad | Select, Start, Volume, Menu, A, and B, input buttons
- ODROID-GO Game Kit DOES NOT come with the MicroSD Card.
- ODROID-GO Game Kit works with an 8GB or higher MicroSD Card.
- 1x 10-Pin Male Header
- 1x Board
- 2x 2-button made of rubber
- 1x 2-button made of rubber
- 1x 4-button made of rubber
- 1x Back enclosure
- 1x Front enclosure
- 1x Button set
- 1x 8 Ohm 0.5W speaker
- 1x LCD window
- 1x MicroUSB Cable
- 1x 1200mAh Li-ion battery
- 10x screws
How to assemble ODROID-GO Game Kit?
- Pick up the plastic screen and remove the sticker and then place it on the LCD window as shown below.
- The ODROID-GO Game Kit is compatible with a 2.4-inch LCD. Make sure to first remove the vinyl cover from the LCD. Then clean the window cover with a wipe and blow to make sure that now fingerprint or dust particle remains on it. Then place the 2.4-inch LCD as shown below.
- Pick up the plastic button-set and cut the buttons. Then pick up the rubber buttons and place them on the plastic buttons as you see below.
- Now move on to the Game Board of ODROID-GO Game Kit. First, connect the LCD with the Game Board. Once done, secure the connection by using 3x screws.
- Pick up the battery and connect it to the Game Board. After that, connect the speaker module while making sure that the wires are properly wrapped so that you could easily close the cover.
- Move on to the plastic button-set and cut the power key. Place it in its position as shown in the demonstration below.
- Check the power button if it works. If it doesn’t turn the device ON, then check the assembly and battery connection. Once everything is alright, close the cover with the help of 6x screws.