Google Coral GPIO System on Module (SOM) 2GB RAM 8GB eMMC
Google Coral GPIO SOM is a well-integrated SOM from Coral. The Google Coral 2GB GPIO SOM helps in building systems that demand fast ML inferencing on a small form factor. NXP iMX 8M SoC is included in this GPIO SOM. The Coral Dev board also has the SoC. The SoC has Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LPDDR4 RAM, eMMC, and Google Edge TPU.
What is Google Edge TPU?
The Edge TPU has been created by Google for boosting up the TensorFlow Lite models. This small ASIC is a $TOPS ASIC and uses power very efficiently. Out of the total 2Watts used, each Watt is consumed for 2 Trillion Operations. TPU can be helpful in many applications like the application for execution of mobile vision models e.g. MobileNet v2. The Edge TPU cuts down the complacency and enhances data privacy. It is the on-device ML processing that cuts down the need for a steady internet connection.
Benefits of Coral System on Module
- Complete Linux System (also runs Mendel)
- Low-Power and high-speed Machine Learning (ML) Inferencing (1Watt per 2TOP)
- Small 4.8cm x 4cm footprint
Specifications of Google Coral SOM
- SoC: NXP iMX 8M | ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core with Cortex-M4F
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Flash: 8GB eMMC
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR4 RAM
- USB 3.0
- MIPI CSI 2
- MIPI DSI
- Vivante GC7000 Lite 2D/3D GPU and VPU
- Cryptographic Coprocessor
- Google Edge TPU Machine Learning Accelerator
- Bluetooth BT 4.2
- Wi-Fi 2.4/5 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac 2x2 MIMO
- X95 (max.) GPIO includes:
- Dimensions: 4.8cm x 4cm