KKSB 30mm PWM SBC Fan - 3 Pin OS Fan Control for Raspberry Pi and Other PWM SBCs
Download Data Sheet for KKSB 30mm PWM Fan
Download KKSB PWM Fan Guide for Wiring and Temperature Configuration
The KKSB 30mm PWM Fan works with PWM-compatible SBCs and other devices. It is an easy-to-use 5V fan with a 7-blade impeller.
The KKSB PWM Fan responds to the CPU temperature. It starts automatically when the CPU is too hot and stops when the CPU temperature drops to a certain degree.
You can configure the start and stop temperature limits from Raspberry Pi OS settings. This feature increases the life of the fan since it only runs when needed. With its Sealed Sleeve Bearing (SSB) system, the KKSB PWM Fan has a life expectancy of 30,000 hours.
Specifications of KKSB 30mm PWM Fan
- Rated Voltage: 5V DC
- Start-Up Voltage: 3.5V DC
- Operating Voltage: 4.5V ~ 5.5V DC
- Frame Material: Reinforced Glass Fiber - BLACK PBT (UL94V-0)
- Impeller: 7 Blades - BLACK PBT (UL94V-0)
- Bearing System: Sealed Sleeve Bearing (SSB)
- Rated Power: 0.20 Watt (Max: 0.30 Watt) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Rated Current: 0.04 Amp (Max: 0.06 Amp) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Labeled Current: 0.06 Amp
- Air Pressure: 0.98 mmAq (Min: 0.66 mmAq)
- Air Flow (Cubic Feet per Minute): 1.58 CFM (Min: 1.30 CFM)
- Rated Speed: 5000 ± 900 Rotation Per Minute (RPM) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Control Interface: PWM
- Coloured Wires: Red (+), Blue (PWM), and Black (-) (UL1061/28AWGx 100mm)
- Wires Length (Exposed out of the fan): Approximately 100mm (+/- 5mm)
- Safety Approval: CE, UL, CUL, TUV
- Compliance: RoHS
- Life Expectancy: Up to 30,000 Hours
- Weight (PWM Fan): 4.9 Grams
- Dimensions: 30mm x 30mm x 7mm | 3cm x 3cm x 0.7cm
Connecting KKSB PWM Fan with Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO
The KKSB 30mm PWM Fan has 3 distinct leads, i.e., Blue, Red, and Black. Please connect each wire carefully to the right GPIO pin as shown below.
- Blue Wire (GPIO 14 TXD) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 8
- Black Wire (Ground) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 6
- Red Wire (5V) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 4
How to Configure PWM Fan Start / Stop Temperature on Raspberry Pi OS?
Once the KKSB PWM fan is properly connected to the Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO, you can configure its auto start / stop temperature on Raspberry Pi OS in minutes.
- On Raspberry Pi OS GUI, select the Raspberry Button
- From the drop-down, locate and select Preferences
- Select Raspberry Pi Configuration from the next drop-down
- From the top bar, select Performance
- Select Enable button
- Fan GPIO should be 14 (Note, it is the Pin 8 connected to the PWM lead and defined as GPIO 14 TDX)
- Select the temperature (Any value between 60oC and 120oC)
- Restart the system to apply settings.
- KKSB 30mm PWM Fan