3-in-1 BBC micro:bit Sense Pack (Includes micro:bit , 7 Sensors and Edge Connector Breakout)
BBC micro:bit Sense Pack is a 3-in-1 kit that includes a BBC micro:bit, an Edge Connector Breakout, and a 7-in-1 sensor kit. The Edge Connector Breakout becomes useful because it provides the additional IO pins so there remains no need to worry about running out of peripherals. BBC micro:bit is minimal hardware that has an integrated compass to detect the direction and an accelerometer to detect motion. The sensor kit in this Sense Pack has 7 sensors which include Flame Sensor, Temp-Humidity Sensor, IR Reflective Sensor, Soil Moisture Sensor, UV Sensor, Rotation Sensor, and Sound Sensor.
BBC micro:bit is a compact open-source development board that allows you to access a variety of hardware. You can use BBC micro:bit to add a variety of smart features on various applications such as robots and musical instruments. This small device contains a 5x5 LED array (total of 25 LEDs). BBC micro:bit has two buttons that are programmable so that you could use them to control different apps such as games or media playlists. In addition, there is a compass on the micro:bit to sense direction and also an accelerometer to sense motion. BBC micro:bit can communicate with different devices through Low Energy Bluetooth.
Examples of Creative Projects
Specs of BBC micro:bit
- Nordic nRF51822 16MHz 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 microcontroller
- RF SoC: 4.0 Bluetooth (Low Energy) / 2.5GHz
- RAM: 16KB
- Flash: 256KB
- MCU: Freescale KL26Z 48MHz ARM Cortex-M0+
- Freescale 3-axis MMA8652 Accelerometer | I2C interface
- Freescale 3-axis MAG3110 magnetometer (compass) | I2C interface
- Power Connector: 3V Power Supply Compatible
- Reset Button
- Micro USB connector: supports PC connection, downloading code, serial communication
- LED Grid (5x5): Total 25 LDs | Red Color
- A/B Button programmable
- Connection Pin I/O: Edge connector 20Pin | 5 I/O Rings | Analog, UART, I2C, PWM, SPI
- Weight: 0.028 kg | 28 grams
- Dimensions: 5cm x 4cm | 50mm x 40mm
BBC micro:bit Software Compatibility
- Microsoft PXT Graphical Editor compatible
- Available on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Does not need an additional compiler for online programming
- With a USB connection, micro:bit can debug and download your code on the connected PC
- With the help of Bluetooth connection, micro:bit can debug and download your code on the connected mobile device
- Microsoft TouchDevelop IDE supported
- Microsoft Blocks Supported
- Mbed enabled
- MicroPython Compatible
Edge Connector Breakout
The second hardware in this 3-in-1 Sense Pack is the Edge Connector Breakout for BBC micro:bit. This is an expansion board that has been designed to support BBC micro:bit with the additional 2.54mm pitch I/O pin breakout.
- Through Holes: The diameter of the through-holes is 2mm
- Weight: 0.022 kg | 22 grams
- Dimensions: 82.05mm x 36.1mm | 8.205cm x 3.61cm
The 3rd and the last offer in the Sense Pack is a set of 7 different sensors. They are as follows:
- Flame Sensor – It detects flame spectrum and it is useful for different applications such as fire detectors, firefighting robots, and fire alarms.
- Infrared Reflective Sensor – It is a reflective infrared transceiver and you can use it for applications such as robot path tracking, obstacle detection, and pipeline counter.
- Temperature-Humidity Sensor – The digital DHT11 Sensor is useful for detecting ambient temperature and humidity.
- UV Sensor – This ultraviolet sensor is useful for applications including ultraviolet tester, outdoor ultraviolet detector, and germicidal lamp.
- Sound Sensor – Audio power amplifier LM386 on-board is useful for the applications requiring ambient sound detection and sound level detection.
- Rotation Sensor – The sensor is applicable for positioning in industrial controls and detection of clockwise and anticlockwise rotation.
- Soil Moisture Sensor – The sensor is useful for the application such as an auto watering system, soil moisture detector, and flowerpot moisture detector.
- 1x BBC micro:bit
- 1x Edge Connector Breakout for BBC micro:bit
- 1x Flame Sensor
- 1x Infrared Reflective Sensor
- 1x Temperature-Humidity Sensor DHT11
- 1x UV Sensor
- 1x Sound Sensor
- 1x Rotation Sensor
- 1x Soil Moisture Sensor
- 1x Type-A to Micro-B USB Cable
- 3x Custom Connecto 4-Pin Jumper Wire
- 1x Custom Connector 5-Pin Jumper Wire
- 3x Custom Connector 3-Pin Jumper Wire
The color of the BBC micro:bit is selected randomly depending on the availability.